Monday, April 20, 2009

Can musty smell be removed from leather bowling bag, shoes and ball?

I don%26#039;t think you should put a bowling ball in your washing machine. That%26#039;s asking for trouble!





But I have washed some leather things too. I just put them in the bathtub full of warm, soapy water. I let them soak a bit, swish them around, rinse them twice, hang them outside to dry over the clothesline, and when they are dry, I re-condition them with %26quot;The Tannery%26quot; spray, and let them air for a few hours outdoors.





To make them smell fresh, I spray a rag with Febreeze, place the rag in a plastic garbage bag with all these other items, let it sit a few hours and the musty smell is gone. Air some more outdoors until everything is just as you like it.





N.B. Don%26#039;t spray Febreeze directly on leather items, that%26#039;s a no-no!!!

Can musty smell be removed from leather bowling bag, shoes and ball?
Yes. put the whole lot in the washing machine, yes I said washing machine. Put laundry soap in and wash everything on warm..


I have washed leather shoes many many times with great success.


Have you ever seen a cow shrink in the rain?


A shoe cleaning man in an airport once told me that, because my husband had ( so we thought) ruined an expensive pair of shoes. The shampoo bottle had burst in his suit case and one shoe was soaked in shampoo.


I washed the heck out of those shoes and they lived to be worn for many years.


Just don%26#039;t put them in the dryer



maintenance repairs

No comments:

Post a Comment